"I'm not a glutton - I'm an explorer of food."
- Erma Bombeck

Tuesday, May 15, 2007

My Homemade Pancakes

I came up with this recipe years ago, after my pancakes kept turning out different each and every time! I wanted consistency, and something home-made that my family would love. This recipe got me both.

1 tsp. salt
2 Tbsp. baking powder
2 Tbsp. sugar
2 C. flour
2 eggs
1/4 C. oil
2 1/2 C. milk

Mix dry ingredients in a large bowl; mix wet ingredients in a small bowl. Add wet to dry and whisk until fairly smooth. Cook on greased skillet. Makes 24 (1/4 C.) pancakes.

NOTE: Sometimes I use half regular flour and half whole wheat flour, just for a change. I'd never use more wheat flour than that, or else they'd notice. To make chocolate chip pancakes, sprinkle a few mini-chocolate chips on the top right after you flip them. These go good with a dollop of whipped cream!

No comments: