"I'm not a glutton - I'm an explorer of food."
- Erma Bombeck

Tuesday, May 29, 2007

Creamy Chicken Salad

I got this recipe from my Mom several years ago, who (I think) found it in a magazine somewhere, although I'm not totally sure of the details. She fixed it for all of us while we were there visiting, and I was wondering if my kids would like it, with the nuts and all. But they simply picked them out and totally chowed down on the rest of it! I have made this salad so many times during the summer months, primarily because it's easy, it's scrumptious, and my kids absolutely love it!

1 C. Miracle Whip
1 C. Cool Whip
2 C. chicken, cooked and shredded (or canned)
1 C. pasta rings or shells, cooked and cooled
1 C. red grapes (halved if large)
1 lg. can mandarin oranges, drained
1 rib celery, diced
1/2 C. slivered almonds, optional

Combine Miracle Whip with Cool Whip; toss with remaining ingredients and chill.

No comments: