"I'm not a glutton - I'm an explorer of food."
- Erma Bombeck

Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Spiced Pumpkin Lattes

Since it's pumpkin season, I thought I'd share my recipe for this yummy hot (and slightly sweet) drink. I hope you like it!

4 C. milk
2 Tbsp. sugar
6 Tbsp. brown sugar
6 Tbsp. Libby's pumpkin puree
1 Tbsp. vanilla extract
1 tsp. pumpkin pie spice
1 1/2 - 2 C. strong coffee

In a medium saucepan, whisk all ingredients together over Medium heat until desired temperature. Strain through cheesecloth. Makes 4-6 servings.

NOTE: You might want to add the sugar "to taste". My tastebuds have changed, and I no longer desire it this sweet. Also, make sure you strain it. If you don't, it has a slightly pulpy texture, and your last few swigs will be quite thick. This recipe is easily doubled - just store what's left over in the frig.

1 comment:

Xandra@Heart-of-Service said...

Oooohhh...I can't wait to try this!

Xandra