"I'm not a glutton - I'm an explorer of food."
- Erma Bombeck

Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Sweet & Spicy Snack Mix

This recipe came from my friend, Jill. I can't count the number of times I've made this when the weather starts getting cooler. Yummy! It makes a pretty large batch, so I do two half batches in my roaster. That works out just about right.

3 sticks butter
1 1/2 C. brown sugar
3 tsp. chili powder
3 tsp. garlic salt
3 tsp. curry powder
3 tsp. Worcestershire sauce
1 12-oz. box Crispix
1 12-oz. bag plain Bugles
1 11-oz. bag Fritos
1 8-oz. bag pretzels

Melt butter and combine with brown sugar, spices and Worcestershire sauce. Place remaining ingredients in large roaster and combine. Pour butter mixture over the top and stir well. Bake at 250° for an hour, stirring every 20 minutes. Cool on wax paper.

1 comment:

Brandi said...

I LOVE this snack mix! It is also great to give as gifts when you package it in a candy tin. :)