"I'm not a glutton - I'm an explorer of food."
- Erma Bombeck

Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Single Serving Hot Cider

Don't be thinking I'm going to take you step-by-step through the whole laborious process of making apple cider, because I'm not. I would never dream of doing that myself, although it would be fascinating to watch. LOL This is my version of a quick and easy recipe for just one mug of steaming appley/orangey/spicey goodness.

Start with your favorite mug and fill it 2/3 full of apple cider. Fill it the rest of the way with orange juice. Add one cinnamon stick, 3 whole cloves, and a few teaspoons of brown sugar. Heat in the microwave, then stir to combine everything good. Discard the cloves, but leave the cinnamon stick in - the flavor comes out more and more the longer it steeps. You can actually rinse it off and keep it for your next cup or two, or five. =)

No comments: