"I'm not a glutton - I'm an explorer of food."
- Erma Bombeck

Tuesday, April 17, 2007

Raspberry Cordial

I've made this recipe several times over the years as a special treat for my girls - especially when we've got 'Anne of Green Gables' on the brain. We haven't had a marathon movie-watching day that featured Anne in awhile, but after browsing my recipes and finding this one, I think it's time. Drink up!

1# raspberries, frozen
1 1/4 C. sugar
4 C. boiling water
2 lemons

In saucepan, add sugar to frozen raspberries and cook for 20-25 minutes, until sugar has dissolved. Pour through fine strainer, mashing with a spoon thoroughly, then discarding pulp and seeds. Add the strained juice of two lemons and stir. Add boiling water, let cool, and refrigerate.

NOTE: I always use bottled lemon juice because I never have fresh on hand.

No comments: